2021 Faith Formation Survey
El Centro Catholic will begin the 2021 Catechetical Year in the Month of January.
Please fill out this survey if you are interested in your child being enrolled in Faith Formation this year, with the understanding that all courses will be under a virtual format.
('ZOOM' and 'My Catholic Faith Delivered').
The year will run from January - June 2021.
Jesus said to his disciples,
"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few".
- Matthew 9:37
OFFICE HOURS during COVID - 19
Our Faith Formation Classes are comprised from grades Kinder - 6th.
Our classes are on Tuesdays.
First Holy Communion
Parent Meeting Powerpoint
Confirmation Sponsor and Community Service Forms
Junior High Youth Group
Our Junior High Youth Group is for students in 7th and 8th Grade.
Our classes are on Thursday's.
RCIA for Adults
Classes are on Wednesday evenings at Our Lady of Guadalupe at 6:30PM.
RCIA is for Adults who have not yet received their sacraments or for others looking to grow in their knowledge of the Catholic Faith.
Fill in the information below and we will
Prayer/Reflection for Catechists
Blogs and Discussion Groups
Tools for Catechists
Websites for Catechists
- The Lord be with You: Prayers for catechists from Bill Huebsch and the Pastoral Center
- Catechist's Prayer: in English and Spanish from the USCCB Catechetical Sunday webpages.
- Beatitudes for Catechists: a prayer of blessings for catechists.
- Top Ten Reasons You Should Become a Catechist: OSV author, John Norton, writes about why you should consider being a catechist. A valuable resource for directors and coordinators of religious education.
- How can a Catechist Find Sanctuary? A video by Terry Hershey, author of "Sanctuary: Creating a Space for Grace in Your Life."
Blogs and Discussion Groups
- 21st Century Catholic Evangelization: blogs are written by the members of the NCCL Evangelization Committee and invited guest authors exploring approaches, practices, resources, and programs.
- Be My Disciples: join as we talk and teach about true discipleship, as we find ways to help teachers, parents, catechists and students articulate the gospel message so that others will better understand it. A ministry of RCL Benziger.
- Catechesis 2.0: gives you a broad overview of many of the web 2.0 tools that may be valuable in catechetical ministry.
- Relevant Catechesis: a blog designed to share insights and ideas for carrying out the work of catechesis in a Catholic Parish.
- Catechist Community: a blog from the publishers of Catechist Magazine.
- Catechists Journey: Joe Paprocki of Loyola Press gives idea and tips, solace and encouragement to catechists. You may subscribe to email delivery.
- Catholic Catechist Discussion Group: catechists can share ideas, activities, and questions with a group of catechists worldwide.
- Catholic Digital Resources: faith-enrichment materials in an ever-expanding variety of products, ready for you to download and start using. Paper products are provided as digital files ready for you to print on an as-needed basis. You can even put your church's (or organization's) logo, name, Mass schedule, contact information, or other notice into an editable box on the page, before printing.
- Catholic Mom: Although the goal of this site is to celebrate Catholic motherhood and to learn and share about topics related to faith and family, you may find a lot of ideas here.
- Faith Formation Learning Exchange: news articles, blogs and great resources for faith formation for all ages and generations.
- Marc Cardaronella's Catechetical Blog: where parish leaders, catechists, and parents can find ideas, information, and resources for handing on the beauty of the Catholic Faith in a way that inspires others to change their lives for Christ.
- Sadlier's We Believe and Share: inspiration and resources for Catholics.
- Transforming Catechesis: helping catechists, the parish, and school catechetical leaders become more effective in their roles.
Tools for Catechists
- 10 Ways That Technology Can Improve Your Religious Education: a webinar by Victor Valenzuela, Sadlier National Consultant.
- 20 Uses for Smartphones in School: written for school, but has applications for the religious education environment.
- Finding Copyright-Free Images for Catechetical Use: understanding copyright issues for catechists and leaders, and where to find copyright-free images.
- Joe Paprocki: Catechist Webinars helps to become a better catechist.
- Lesson Plan Template: a blank lesson plan that catechists can use to create a catechetical session.
- Make Beliefs Comix: have fun by creating your own comic strips. Great homework assignment.
- Motivator: Create, share, and buy your own customized motivational posters.
- Prezi: create presentations that you can present from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Puzzlemaker: a free puzzle generation tool for teachers, students, and parents. Create and print customized word search, criss-cross, math puzzles, and more-using your own word lists.
- Vertex42: free Excel templates that can help you make calendars, budgets, invoices, and other practical spreadsheets.
- Word Search Creator: create word search games for the classroom or home.
- YouCat: based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church YouCat (Youth Catechism) is written for and by young people who want to know what they believe.
Websites for Catechists
- Amazing Catechists: serves and supports catechists as you bring the light of our Catholic Faith to others.
- C21 -- The Church in the 21st Century: Boston College provides solid theological resources on the Catholic faith in magazine, video, web and podcast formats.
- CatechismClass.com: an online and interactive religious education program for Catholics of all ages.
- Catechism in a Year: Get a little of the Catechism emailed to you each day, read and you'll have covered the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church in a year.
- Catechist Café: the diocese of Youngstown diocesan library website.
- Catechist Magazine: official magazine of the National Catholic Catechists Society.
- Catholic Apostolate Center: assisting pastoral leaders in deepening collaboration with one another and providing formation and apostolic opportunities.
- Catholic Catechist: a source for comprehensive teaching resources including lesson plans, games, icebreakers, worksheets and many other useful ideas. Note: some of this site is by paid subscription only.
- Catholic Educator's Resource Center: online source for information on Catholic faith and culture.
- Catholic Relief Services Education: a gateway to activities, lesson plans, simulations, prayer services and other resources that explore global issues through the lens of Catholic Social teaching.
- eCatechist: Ideas, inspiration, and resources are the focus of this online resource for catechists.
- Domestic Church: promotes a Catholic culture of the home that will aid each family to become "what you are!"
- Resources for Catholic Educators: seeks to assist Catholic teachers and catechists by providing them with information and easy access to resources. links, handouts, lesson plans and other resources.
- HomeFaith.com: Claretian Publications helps busy parents to pass on the faith to their children. A weekly Monday morning e-mail meditation for parents is featured.
- True Freedom: Anti-Pornography initiative materials available from the Archdiocesan Family Life Office.
- Institute for Christian Formation (ICF): assists Catholic Christians in celebrating and handing on faith in a manner authentic to our Roman Catholic tradition.
- Loyal Press's Presentations: powerpoint presentations that catechists can use in the classroom; you can show them on the Internet or download.
- Magis Center of Reason and Faith: explores and shares the close connection between reason and faith as revealed by new discoveries in physics and philosophy.
- Parents and First Eucharist: an article with suggestions for parents to model for their children.
- Praying the Rosary: a PowerPoint presentation for the classroom on praying the rosary in English and Spanish.
- The Religion Teacher: offers practical resources and teaching strategies to help religious educators transform the lives of the young people they teach.
- St. Mary's Press Resource Center: a variety of online resources for catechists in a variety of formats.
- Sister Rose Goes to the Movies: Daughter of St. Paul, Sister Rose Pacatte offers video reviews of current movies along with discussion questions for class.
- Formed: a streaming video resource for Catholic content.
- The Liturgical Catechist: promotes liturgical catechesis.
- Catechetical Formation in Chaste Living: Guidelines for Curriculum and Publication -- guidelines for teaching human sexuality in Catholic schools and religious education programs; approved by the NCCB in November 2007.
- Catholicism: It's Your Story: a thematic presentation of what Catholics believe and why, so all adults can come to a deeper understanding of the Catholic Faith. Father Robert Barron hosts the series.
- Catechism of the Catholic Church: the teachings of the Catholic Church in an authoritative form.
- Catholic Information Service: the Knights of Columbus provide resources on many topics of Catholic belief and doctrine. Also, a Catholic Home Study in conjunction with the Vincentian.
- Conformity Listing of Catechetical Texts and Series: The most current listing of religious education texts and series that have been found in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church; published by the National Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Compendium: Catechism of the Catholic Church: the Catechism of the Catholic Church in question and answer format.
- General Catechetical Directory: published by the Sacred Congregation for the Clergy, April 11, 1971.
- General Directory for Catechesis: from the Vatican Congregation of the Clergy, good resource for catechetical leaders.
- Guide for Catechists: the identity of the catechist, his/her selection, formation and spirituality; basic apostolic tasks and finally, the economic situation, from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples.
- In Support of Catechetical Ministry: Statement of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops recommitting to the development and support of the catechetical ministry. (Issued June 16, 2000)
- Social Media Guidelines: USCCB's "best practices" for Church personnel using social media in ministry.
- The Catechist in the Third Millennium: addresses the new urgency and concern for both the quality of catechesis and those who are called to this ministry; published by the New York State Roman Catholic Bishops in 1998.